14 September 2009

Buckingham - Foscote - Leckhampstead - Thornton - Buckingham Canal, 7.5 miles

This was a three-hour steady walk with a couple of medium hills, occasional lovely views and some woodland. I started after work at 4.50pm and got home at 7.50pm. It was almost dark when I got in!

This was the second walk in as many days and the second in my new boots. My feet held up pretty well but I've now got painful blisters on the bottom of each of my little toes. My feet ache somewhat but that's to be expected.

This walk was very windy - it's the first time since Spring where I've felt the need to wear sleeves from the start of the walk. It's definitely starting to feel autumnal out there.

There wasn't much of note on the walk other than a couple of beautifully friendly horses and a rabbit - possibly blind - which I managed to get within a couple of metres of. It was a nice walk but I'll probably have to rest my feet for a couple of days now.