12 September 2009

My walk log

I've been meaning to do this for ages, and eventually hope to run a custom walk log on my web site, but for the time being blogspot will have to do. I want to keep a record of my walks - where they take place, how far they are and interesting things seen, so the memories don't just disappear. I'm also passionate about trying to keep a log of all the miles I've walked. I'd love to be able to look back in a few years time and say I've done more than a thousand miles, or whatever.

A quick total of miles I've recorded elsewhere lists 185 miles of walks since 21st February 2009, and doesn't include a six-week period in June/July where I wasn't keeping track. I don't think I walked too far over that period. I may have done a few miles before February too, so I'll tentatively put my total at 215 on starting this blog and keep track from there.

I'd like to think that eventually this blog will give an overall picture of walks I've taken, notes on weather and wildlife, and include photos and maps, or at least routes on Google Maps/Earth to keep a good record of the miles I've covered.