11 May 2010

Buckingham, Foscote, Reservoir, Maids Moreton circular, 3.6 miles

I was making a sandwich when I spotted sunshine out of the kitchen window and decided at 6pm to take my dinner somewhere picturesque, so on with my boots and off across part of my staple walk to Foscote Reservoir. I recently noticed there's a permissive footpath that lets you walk right up to the reservoir wall so I think this will become quite a regular feature of my walks on this side of town. After eating and watching the coots, swallows, swifts, ducks and swans do their thing for an hour I wandered into Maids Moreton to see a friend before heading home. This walk was a wonderful waste of an hour or two and I should do it more often. It occurred to me that this is probably the first solo walk I've done after work this year, so I really want to try and do these more often.